Effective date: February 19, 2021
Privacy Everywhere is the maker of the mobile and desktop application Privacy Everywhere (the “App”).
Privacy Everywhere’s application type is a native email client that allow users to compose, send, read, and process email via a user interface
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our App and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the App, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Google (Gmail) user data collection
This chapter is applicable only if you are using App with Google (Gmail) account.
App’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
1. Personally identifiable information, or “Personal Data”. This is the type of information that can be used to contact or identify you. We only access data that you share with us and we do this to provide our services to you. Providing your Personal Data to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to user our App with Google (Gmail) account. We only access Personal Data that is based on either Gmail’s API (OAuth) authentication by users or information users input manually into App.
Our App can access the following information:
- Email address (can be included into error reports);
- Gmail access token (that allows App to work with your Gmail mailbox, stored on your computer only);
- Metadata (email headlines, stored on your computer only);
- List of Gmail labels (folders, can be included into error reports);
- Gmail labels and individual email statuses like read/unread or star/unstar (stored on your computer only);
- Email messages (you can select amount of messages saved locally and they would be stored on your computer only).
2. Gmail API scopes. We use only Gmail restricted scopes required to use App. These scopes are limited to:
- https://mail.google.com/ (used to read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail which is required for our App to give you ability to work with your mailbox, read and manage your emails and send emails from our App)
These scopes are limited to the use of data in providing and improving user-facing features that are prominent in our App only. We do not transfer data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalised or interest-based advertising.
We only communicate with Google servers through the Gmail’s API (OAuth) and encrypted IMAP/SMTP protocols to access your mailbox data. You can revoke access at any time.
Information Collection and Use
We receive very limited information from you via the logs attached to the error reports. We use this info to fix bugs and improve the App. You can ignore error report request and this information will never be send. With your permission we may also keep your email address and use it send you information about updates.
Types of Data Collected
Personally identifiable information may found in the log files sent to us with error reports:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Your public key (used for encryption only, can’t be used for decryption and can’t be used to access your data)
- You are free to provide fake data.
In error report we may also receive information about your hardware, operating system version, and other apps currently running on your devise, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
Tracking Cookies Data
Our App do not use any cookies.
Use of Data
Privacy Everywhere uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To fix and improve the App
- To notify you about changes to our App e.g. updates.
- To get back with you if you contact us.
Transfer of Data
The information mentioned above, potentially including limited Personal Data, may be transferred to any— and maintained on any— computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell or trade your personal information.
Privacy Everywhere may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Please be advised that no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we remove that information from our storage.
Note to the User
Please note that the data collected by us, if any, is very limited and therefore unlikely to be of interest to any third party. We are providing this Policy because it is required by law.