Effective date: April 29, 2019
Privacy Everywhere is the maker of the mobile and desktop application Privacy Everywhere (the “App”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our App and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the App, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Google (Gmail) user data collection
This chapter is applicable only if you are using App with Google (Gmail) account.
1. Personally identifiable information, or “Personal Data”. This is the type of information that can be used to contact or identify you. We only collect data that you share with us and we do this to improve services we offer you. Providing your Personal Data to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to user our App with Google (Gmail) account. We only collect Personal Data that is based on either Gmail’s API (OAuth) authentication by users or information users input manually into App.
We collect the following information:
- Email address;
- Gmail access token (that allows App to work with your Gmail mailbox);
- Metadata (email headlines);
- List of Gmail labels (folders);
- Gmail labels and individual email statuses like read/unread or star/unstar;
- Email messages (you can select amount of messages saved locally and they would be stored inside of the encrypted local storage with AES-256 encryption which only you can access).
2. Gmail API scopes. We use only Gmail restricted scopes required to use App. These scopes are limited to:
- https://mail.google.com/ (used to read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail which is required for our App to give you ability to work with your mailbox, read and manage your emails and send emails from our App)
These scopes are limited to the use of data in providing and improving user-facing features that are prominent in our App only. We do not transfer data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized or interest-based advertising.
We only communicate with Google servers through the Gmail’s API (OAuth) and encrypted IMAP/SMTP protocols to access your mailbox data. You can revoke access at any time.
Information Collection and Use
We receive very limited information from you via the logs attached to the error reports. We use this info to fix bugs and improve our App. You have the option to turn off this feature. With your permission we may also keep your email address and use it send you information about updates.
Types of Data Collected
Personally identifiable information may found in the log files sent to us with error reports:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Your public key
- You are free to provide fake data; we don’t care.
In error report we may also receive information about your hardware, operating system version, and other apps currently running on your devise, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. (“Usage Data”).
Tracking Cookies Data
Our App and our website do not use any cookies.
Use of Data
Privacy Everywhere uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To fix and improve the App
- To notify you about changes to our App e.g. updates.
- To get back with you if you contact us.
Transfer of Data
The information mentioned above, potentially including limited Personal Data, may be transferred to any— and maintained on any— computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell or trade your personal information.
Privacy Everywhere may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
Please be advised that no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we remove that information from our storage.
Note to the User
Please note that the data collected by us, if any, is very limited and therefore unlikely to be of interest to any third party. We are providing this Policy because it is required by law.